About Yachana Lodge
The staff at Yachana Lodge is happy to give its guests one of the most authentic Amazon experiences out there. Take a lesson from the monkeys, and enjoy the beauty of this corner of the tropical rainforest. Yachana has won National Geographic's worldwide Geotourism Challenge, and is happy to share that with their guests.
Yachana Lodge is unique among Amazon lodges, because not only are they invested in the local community - but the local community is their only investment. All profits made from the lodge go directly to the Yachana Foundation, which has missions in education, sustainability, agricultural development, renewable energy, and other projects.
Yachana recently rebuilt all of the cabins to provide the utmost comfort to its guests. Whether you choose a room with a jungle view or a river view, you are guaranteed a majestic vista. Each of the 14 cabins are located within Yachana’s 2500-acre nature reserve and include porches with hammocks, comfortable furniture, and private bathrooms.
The dining room and bar offers another intimate experience, with an emphasis on locally bought “slow food” ingredients. Here, you can enjoy all three meals buffet style or restaurant style, and there is a full cash-bar beverage service.
On your trip, you might have the chance to experience:
- Guided hikes
- Bird watching
- Visit the traditional healer
- Tour a local farm
- Visit the Yachana Foundation Training Center
- Take a cooking class
- Learn about the microcredit program
- Make chocolate from scratch
- Pan for gold
- Visit a local Kichwa community
- Visit a magnificent waterfall
Yachana prices per person:
Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
|Accommodation||Price per person (4d-3n)||Price per person (5d/4n)|
|Jungle View Cabin||Double / Twin||US$ 366||US$ 488|
|River View Cabin||Double / Twin||US$ 456||US$ 608|
- Accommodation double / triple basis
- Airport transfer in and out of Coca
- 3 daily meals with beverages
- River transport Coca-Yachana Lodge- Coca
- Guided excursions with bilingual guides
- Rubber boots, rain ponchos, and lifejackets
- 10% donation to the Yachana Foundation to support its education and conservation programs in the Amazon
- Complimentary 24 hour WiFi in room
- Unlimited treated drinking water
- Admissions and Entrance Fees
- Alcoholic/ bottled beverages
- Tips Insurance of any kind
- Personal items
- Donations to the microcredit program
- 2-day Kichwa Immersion excursion